Frequently Asked Questions
The following are questions
that are frequently asked by Pratt County residents. The answers can
be found on the web page of the appropriate department.
you have any questions that you would like to see added to this list,
submit them to email@example.com
- How much will it cost to register my
- What do I need to know about transferring
a tag from one vehicle to another?
- I'm moving to Kansas from another state;
how do I register my vehicle?
- What papers will I need to title a
- Where can I get my vehicle inspected,
and what are the hours on that institution?
- How can I renew my tags if I didn't
get a renewal notice in the mail?
- How can I get a refund, and what forms
will I need?
- Where can I get a power of attorney
/ lienholder consent / bill of sale, etc.?
- My tag was stolen. What do I do?
- What do I need to do to get personalized
- What will happen if I have delinquent
- How can I pay for my tags?
- Where do I get my handicapped placard?
Where do I mail it?
- Do my tags expire of the first or the
last day of the month?
- Why aren't my tags good for a full
- I am a military dependent. Shouldn't
I be exempted from property tax?
- Can I get an extension on my thirty-day
permit or tag?
- My doctor says I'm permanently handicapped.
Why do I have to re-certify for handicapped privileges?
- Why do I pay taxes on my leased vehicle
when I'm in the military?
- I am in the military but a Kansas resident.
Do I pay taxes on my vehicle?
- I own businesses in several counties
in Kansas. Where do I register my vehicle?
- I am active duty military, but the
vehicle is in my wife's name. Do I have to pay taxes on the vehicle?
- Do I have to get a Kansas driver's
license if I have a Kansas tag?
- Do I have to register my vehicle if
I an going to sell it?
- When should I receive my tax bill?
- What if my mortgage company pays my
real estate taxes and I received the tax bill?
- What should I do if I don't receive
a tax bill?
- When are my real estate taxes due?
- What happens if I don't pay my real
estate taxes on time?
- When would my real estate property
be up for tax sale?
- When are my personal property taxes
- What happens if I don't pay my personal
property taxes on time?
- What is the interest charged on delinquent
- Can I make partial payments on my taxes?
- What type of payment is acceptable
for tax payment?
- To whom do I make my check out?
- Where can I pay real estate and personal
- To where can I mail my tax payment?
- Do County Treasurers accept any other
credit cards than Discover?
- What is the Discover Card user fee
- Why do I have to pay the user fee?
- Can I pay my taxes by Discover Card
over the phone?
- How will the charge show on my Discover
- Where do I register to vote?
- Where can I buy a hunting or fishing
- What information do I need to file
my Homestead Return and my Food Sales Tax Return?
- When can I expect my Homestead and
Food Sales Tax refund?
do I find out who owns a certain piece of property?
- Do we have county zoning?
- Who takes care of the little cemeteries?
- What is the population of Pratt County?
- What is the population of the city
- What is the population of other cities
in the county?
- How can I use my Homestead Refund to
help pay up to half of my property tax?
- How much is the Food Sales Tax Refund?
- How much does it cost to file a deed?
- How much does it cost to file a mortgage?
- How much does it cost to file a mortgage
release or assignment?
- How much does it cost to file an oil
and gas lease or assignment?
- How much does it cost to file a death
certificate or an affidavit?
- How much does it cost to file a UCC?
- Where do I file mechanic liens on automobiles?
- Who do I call to get my abstract updated?
Tax Rebate Questions
- What is the Tax Rebate Program?
- What is "Tax Rebate"?
- What is "Qualified Improvement"?
- How is "Structure" defined?
- What kind of "Improvements"
will increase the assessed value?
- Does "one dollar" spent on
work equal "one dollar" of increase value?
- How can I determine if I am eligible
for a tax rebate?
- If qualified improvements have been
made, how does one obtain a tax rebate?
- Who applies?
- How often do I need to apply?
- Will the schedule of tax rebates as
determined by the increase in assessed value in the first year ever
- Who is the Fire Marshall?
- What do I need to do to set up a fireworks
- Who assigns new street addresses outside
- Who takes care of the lake?
- What are the camping fees at the lake?
- Where do I get a road crossing permit?
- Where is the recycling center?
- When is the recycling center open
- What can I take to the recycling center?
- What are the hours at the landfill?
- Is the landfill open on Saturday?
- Who is in charge of the landfill?
- What items does the recycling center
- Do my recycling items need to be sorted?
- Who takes care of the Pratt County
- Who is in charge of the 4-H program?
- How can I join 4-H
- Who is in charge of the Homemakers'
- Where can I order trees?
- Where do I get my soil tested?
- How do I get my water tested?
- Where can I go for Day Care Provider
- Where can I go for farmers' tax
- Where can I find information
of Pesticide Applicator Licenses?
- How can I find information on
what to do if my freezer quits?
- How can I find information about
soil and stain removal?
- Who keeps track of community service
- Where is the community service
- What activities are coming up that
I can do for community service hours?
Why is another organization
collecting property taxes for my county?
- Why is there a fee charged to use this
- Is the application secure?
- Can others access my property tax records?
- Can I pay delinquent taxes online?
- How can I contest a traffic violation?
- How can I get my car out of impound?
- How can I find out if my vehicle has
- How can I report an abandoned vehicle?
- What should I do if I've been involved
in a traffic accident?
- What are the reporting requirements
if I've been involved in a traffic accident?
- How do I make a traffic accident report?
- What is the procedure for posting bail?
- Where and when will an arrestee go
- Where will an arrestee be sent after
he/she goes to court?
- Is there a telephone number I can call
to find out if someone is in jail?
- How many visits can an arrestee have?
- How can I report child abuse?
- How can I report elder abuse?
- When should I use 911 versus 7-digit
- How can I call 911 at all times?
Q. Where do I renew my driver's license?
A. 2nd floor of the Pratt County Courthouse,
done through the County Treasurer's Office
Q. When can I renew my driver's license?
A. Tuesday through Friday between 9 a.m. and
4 p.m. Full service renewal is available on Thursdays only.