Pratt County KS Homepage
Can I get a refund on my plate?
Sale of a vehicle:
You may apply for a refund upon the sale of a vehicle. The refund is prorated from the date the plate is surrendered until the expiration date of the plate. On trucks registered over 12M lbs, the refund is mailed from the state within eight weeks. Owners with heavy trucks and trailers must also notify the appraiser’s office (620) 672-4112 to have the vehicle removed from the tax role. Trailer and moped plates are non- refundable.

To apply for a refund, surrender the license plate, purchaser’s name, your social security number, and current registration.

Moving out of state:
You may apply for a refund when you move and register your vehicle in another state. Mail to us the Kansas license plate, Kansas registration, a copy of your new out of state driver’s license, and application for refund form. The prorated refund is on the personal property tax from the date we receive the plate, and related paperwork, to the expiration date.

Refunds are not allowed on Trailers (RV trailers are allowed) and moped plates. You will want to call the Appraiser’s office to have them remove the vehicle from the tax role. Personal property is due on trailers, if owned on January 1, for the entire year.

Show All Answers

1. How do I renew my license plates?
2. I didn't receive a renewal notice. What do I do?
3. How much will it cost to register my vehicle?
4. What do I need to tag my new vehicle?
5. What do I need to tag my used vehicle?
6. Can I get a refund on my plate?
7. Where do I get a disabled placard?
8. My tag was stolen. What do I do?
9. What payments are accepted?
10. Where do I register my boat?
11. When does my vehicle become antique?
12. Why aren't my tags good for a full year?
13. Do I have to register my vehicle before I can sell it?
14. Can I get an extension on my 60 day permit?
  1. Pratt County

  1. 300 S Ninnescah

  1. Pratt, KS 67124

Government Websites by CivicPlus®
Arrow Left Arrow Right
Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow