Pratt County KS Homepage

Tax Grievance


You can obtain tax grievance and tax exemption forms in two different ways:

Please note: Property owners may appeal the value on their property only once during any tax year.

Tax Grievance

You will need a grievance form if you have been assessed a penalty and wish to appeal it before the State Board of Tax Appeals. Filing fees are as follows: 

  • Clerical error (79-1701,79-1702): $15
  • Penalty abatement (79-332a, 79-1422, 79-1427a): $15

Payment Under Protest

Payment under protest forms are used to address valuation issues on personal property reported at the time the bill is issued and is to be paid. This form must accompany the payment of taxes to the Pratt County Treasurer's Office and is available from this office. Staff members will be happy to discuss this form and its completion with you.

Tax Exemption Forms

Tax exemption forms are used for individuals or businesses wishing to acquire exempt status on certain property according to Kansas statutes (i.e., K.S.A. 79-201, et seq.).

Filing fees are as follows:

  • Governmental entities and school districts: Exempt
  • IRBX / EDX Applications: $250
  • Not-for-profit, if value is less than $100,000: $10
  • Other exemptions, per vehicle or per parcel: $50


  1. Pratt County

  1. 300 S Ninnescah

  1. Pratt, KS 67124

Government Websites by CivicPlus®
Arrow Left Arrow Right
Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow